Thursday 11 April 2013

Travel Blog: Australia

12/4/13 - Cairns - Melbourne

Today we are getting on an aeroplane for the first time in a while.  As finding work in Cairns is proving impossible, we have decided to fly down to Melbourne and try there.  Even though I am very excited to visit this city - I've heard many people say it's their favourite place in the whole of Australia - part of me doesn't want to leave this East coast trip behind.  It feels like the past few weeks have just been a holiday, and now we have to go back to the big city life and work all the time.  And I know this is the point, after all I am on a working holiday visa...but when the holidays have been this good, it makes it a lot harder to go back to work.  But we really haven't got a choice, considering our bank balance.  

It is strange how the different places in Australia can be so completely different.  The big cities can be just as big and daunting as any of the largest European ones, but go just a tiny bit outside of them and it will be incredibly rural and the people will be a lot more chilled out.  This is why there is a part of me that doesn't want to go back to the big city life; I was really enjoying the tiny coastal towns, and the relaxed vibe up the East coast.  I haven't worn make up in a good few weeks, and surprisingly I like it.  (I can't remember the last day at home I didn't put on any make up at all).  I know for a fact I will have to wear it again in Melbourne, and start planning my outfits to be more trendy, because that's just the way it is.  And I just can't be bothered!

But it is time for a new adventure....we have felt a bit lost in Cairns.  It was the finish point for us and all of our friends we had made along the way.  Now we are the only ones left; everyone has travelled to other places or different countries altogether, a few have gone home.  We needed a destination for a new adventure, now the East coast route is officially over. Melbourne it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment