Sunday 1 March 2015

Hello March!

So, I have a very exciting month ahead and I just had to vent my happiness about it all!
Of course, it's the start of spring but it's doubtful we'll see any sunshine anytime soon. Nope, I'm excited because there's an amazing line up of dance theatre at The Lowry and I'm off to Lisbon for a city break with the fiancĂ©. 

First off, next week I'll be seeing Park by Jasmin Vardimon and I can't wait. The last - and only - piece of hers I have seen was 7734, and it pretty much left me stunned so I hope the dance theatre company can thrill me again. Watch the trailer and stuff here.


Then it's time for me and Rik to jet off on a well deserved break (we haven't been abroad together since our year of travelling - I know it's scandalous). We actually booked a mystery getaway so we didn't choose Lisbon but I'm pretty happy with the destination. Neither of us have been before so it will be a nice adventure, and hopefully it will be a bit warmer than it is here in Manchester.



No words can describe my excitement for the next performance I have tickets for - What the Body Does Not Remember by Ultima Vez. I love Utima Vez, I studied them at university and have seen my friend perform with the company in London. But this work is significant as it was the debut piece of choreography from Wim Vandekeybus in 1987. 25 years on, it is still wowing audiences worldwide and I see him as the forefather of physical theatre. Check out dates and more info about the UK spring tour here: http://ultimaveztour.co.uk/ 

I'll definitely be reviewing this theatre duo - maybe together so I can compare - so check back to see if my expectations are lived up to.

Happy March! x

No comments:

Post a Comment